POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ikea : Re: Ikea Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ikea
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Apr 2008 04:34:13
Message: <47f4a495$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> They also sell lots of other stuff apart from big furniture.

True. Here at work, we have an Ikea knife.

I like it. It has a red handle, and it looks very "violent". I like
violent things...

> It's pretty cheap, and usually not bad quality, and the best bit is you
> can usually take the stuff home with you right there rather than having
> to wait several days (or weeks) for delivery.

Fair enough...

> When you get your own (empty) place you'll see why :-)

Yes. And how many times does this happen in an entire person's life?
Half a dozen, maybe? In the course of 50 years or so? Pretty rare event
then, no?

> BTW we learned to go during the week in the evenings, not on a Saturday!
> Have you ever seen every single check-out having a queue of 20 or 30
> people? We just left.

I've only been round the new one in MK once. It's like some kind of
fairground ride. It's like... there's this scripted path round the
vastness of the showroom, and a whole set of infrastructure for allowing
people to efficiently obtain the parts they want...

...the very fact that all of this complexity is even necessary in the
first place tells you just how much footfall the store gets through in a
day! o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/