POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ikea : Re: Ikea Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ikea
From: scott
Date: 3 Apr 2008 03:52:27
Message: <47f49acb$1@news.povray.org>
> And anyway, how many items of furnature does the average person buy in
> their entire lifetime? Not damn many!

They also sell lots of other stuff apart from big furniture.

> So *why* the hell is Ikea always so busy?

It's pretty cheap, and usually not bad quality, and the best bit is you can
usually take the stuff home with you right there rather than having to wait
several days (or weeks) for delivery.

> Why is it that seemingly every day there are muggings and stabbings over
> who gets to go inside first? Why does everybody become crazed psychos as
> soon as they go near Ikea?!

When you get your own (empty) place you'll see why :-)

BTW we learned to go during the week in the evenings, not on a Saturday!
Have you ever seen every single check-out having a queue of 20 or 30 people?
We just left.