POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : While riding on public transit... : Re: While riding on public transit... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: While riding on public transit...
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Apr 2008 00:46:42
Message: <47f46f42$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> What really made me stop and think was when I realized that most
> everyone agrees that things "should" be "fair", but disagree what "fair"
> means.

I realized a while ago that if you're discussing what "fair" means, it
means there's no "fair" answer. Otherwise it would merely be the
"obvious" answer.

I was outside an amusement park ride. The ticket taker let one bodacious
babe in for free. The other bodacious babe complained it wasn't fair he
didn't let *her* in for free if the other got in for free.

That's when I realized that "fair" doesn't exist.

Or, as Calvin said:
"Time for bed, Calvin."
     "How come you get to stay up late and I have to
      go to bed? It isn't fair!"
"Life isn't fair, Calvin."
     "I know. How come it's not unfair in my favor more often?"

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"