POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why is the music industry so privileged? : Re: Why is the music industry so privileged? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:22:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why is the music industry so privileged?
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Apr 2008 15:21:11
Message: <47f29937$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> We could always try a dictatorship, a benevolent one of course. Any
> volunteers? :)

It actually works out fairly well if the leaders are interested in
helping the people and go on to pick others with similar desires. Unlike
hereditary rulers, if your emperor can pick five or ten likely
candidates and train them from children, then pick one to take over that
he thinks will be most beneficent, it seems to work out well.

The problem is it all falls down when you get a nasty in. It's bistable:
either good or bad.

(I'm thinking of some of the chinese and japanese emperors, for example.)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"