POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fat lady takes the stage... : Re: The fat lady takes the stage... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The fat lady takes the stage...
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 1 Apr 2008 12:01:02
Message: <47f26a4e@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote in message
news:b8p2v31vevtl13jsv24k9cglphk63evd27@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:10:23 +0200, andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom>
> wrote:
>

> >Good, and remember, rehearse with someone before you go.
>
> But not up to the last minute, go down to the dojo and get thrown
> around a bit beforehand :)

Hehe

> Seriously don't over rehearse, it takes the edge off. Have you ever
> spoken in public? My advice is to have a few written notes to keep you
> on track and speak to someone in the audience, preferably a colleague
> in the know.

I did public speaking back in highschool, but that was 15 years of so ago
I've done ad-hoc presentations to colleagues in recent months. They haven't
gone too badly, but then they're a captive audience.
Biggest thing I've notices is that I start waffling, then run out of things
to say mid sentence. Probably cause I don't have notes, am using other
people's slide shows and have not gone over what I'm going to say.