POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fat lady takes the stage... : Re: The fat lady takes the stage... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The fat lady takes the stage...
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Apr 2008 11:22:45
Message: <47f26155$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:59:43 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I find that rehearsing tends to make my presentations sound
>> over-prepared
>
> Rehearsing *different presentations* works well, tho. Simply practice
> speaking in general, and the edge comes off. You already know how to
> talk. This isn't any different.

Yes, this is most true.  The thing that has been suggested to me a few
times is to go over ideas for what you want to say - sometimes that helps
with organization of your thoughts, even if it's not in "presentation
order".  I sometimes will do this as I'm driving somewhere (but I do this
not only for presentations but even for phone conversations where the
topic might lead to disagreements - I do like to be prepared with counter-
points).

> And remember, deep down, nobody really cares. :-)

And this is also true. :-)