POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why is the music industry so privileged? : Re: Why is the music industry so privileged? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:26:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why is the music industry so privileged?
From: scott
Date: 1 Apr 2008 07:32:05
Message: <47f22b45$1@news.povray.org>
>  One thing I don't understand is why the music industry is so privileged
> over other industries?

Well the size of the industry can't be the reason.  Worldwide there was
20x - 30x more spent on software than on music.

I guess the music industry just got their act together as a group to protect
their interests and managed to convince lots of governments to their way of
thinking.

Actually lots of big industries manage to get special treatment from the
government, cigarette manufacturers, car manufacturers etc, so I guess the
software industry is just the odd one out.  Maybe MS and Adobe etc should
get together and get some taxes on DVD-Rs to be shared out?