POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The truth? There is no tree ... : Re: The truth? There is no tree ... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:28:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The truth? There is no tree ...
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Apr 2008 02:18:56
Message: <47f1e1e0$1@news.povray.org>
"Mike Sobers" <mcn### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht
> The redbud trees are blooming all across the south US, so I was inspired
> fiddle with TomTree a bit.  I was having problems getting my branches to
> be
> attached (or more specifically, getting the twigs to be attached to the
> branches), so I turned off the tree to focus on the petals and ended up
> here.
> I may go back and try to fix the tree at some point, but it looked
> interesting
> so I thought I'd share it.
>
> http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=redbud+tree&gbv=2

I have had the same problem with POVtree, which is TomTree but converted to
java. The solution was rather simple: Increase the mesh resolution of the
branches/twigs before exporting. The same may happen to the leaves and
flowers. That might lead to very large mesh2 files but POV can handle that.

Now, I don't remember if when using TomTree directly you export to mesh...

Thomas