POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Real Clouds with Real Problems : Re: Real Clouds with Real Problems Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real Clouds with Real Problems
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Apr 2008 02:13:50
Message: <47f1e0ae$1@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> schreef in bericht
>> Could you tell me if all this is
>> also related to media boxes placed one behind the other (without
>> surrounding
>> atmosphere) which makes them visible (problem mentioned by Gilles Tran on
>> his website)?
>>

> I don't think I've come across what you describe, in my own scenes.  Can
> you
> post a link to the relevant page on Gilles's site? I'm curious to know
> what that
> is.

It is the MakeCloud page:
http://www.oyonale.com/modeles.php?lang=en&page=36
You are right. Gilles mentions the problem with intersecting containers.
However, I have met instances with Gilles' MakeCloud macro, where even with
non-intersecting containers, those still became visible. Very frustrating.

Thomas