POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Liquid Physics : Re: Liquid Physics Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Liquid Physics
From: Chambers
Date: 1 Apr 2008 00:27:05
Message: <47f1c7a9@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> The only difference is that in the evaluate function without the
> supplied derivative, you don't need to update the state, simply return
> the derivative at time t using the initial state.
>
>>       b = evaluate (v,p) t (dt/2) a
>>       c = evaluate (v,p) t (dt/2) b
>>       d = evaluate (v,p) t dt     c
>>       dv = (fst a + 2 * (fst b + fst c) + fst d) / 6
>>       dp = (snd a + 2 * (snd b + snd c) + snd d) / 6
>>     in (v + dt*dv, p + dt*dp)

> 5) Take a weighted average of all the derivatives you just caluclated,
> a-d, this gives the most accurate derivative.
>
> 6) Use this weighted average to actually advance your state by dt using
> normal Euler integration.

Here's a question: The derivative is based on the forces applied to the
current particle.  The only way these forces change is when a particle
collides with other particles (or ceases to collide).

So, for each of the above, am I to run a full collision detection?

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com