POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yet another Doctor John rant : Re: Yet another Doctor John rant Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another Doctor John rant
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 31 Mar 2008 14:55:35
Message: <47f141b7@news.povray.org>
>> In which universe is a machine with a 200 GB HD and more than 1 GB of
>> RAM considered "moderate"? That sounds pretty high-end to me...
>
> My 3+ year old desktop is slightly higher spec'ed than that.
> High end today is quad core processor, 4 GB+ memory and 1/2 TB disk space.

Damn - what on earth could you possibly use 1 TB of disk for?? o_O

I only know 1 person who has nearly that much space - and he uses it for
illegal media downloads. (Not something I do, obviously.)

My current motherboard doesn't even *support* more than 4 GB of RAM.
Although I guess RAM is much cheaper now than it used to be.

Dual-core is becomming common, but I don't think I've met anybody yet
who can afford quad-core. (Since that almost necessarily requires you to
buy Intel, who are still quite expensive.)