POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yet another Doctor John rant : Re: Yet another Doctor John rant Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another Doctor John rant
From: Invisible
Date: 31 Mar 2008 09:41:20
Message: <47f0f810$1@news.povray.org>
>> How many people use a supercomputer to read their email? ;-)
>
> I was speaking ironically. Shoulda used <irony> tags. ;-)
> The reason I use and recommend Linux is because it's stable, secure and
> open source.

Just last night, one of my clanmates said to me "Invisible, if you hate
Microsoft so much, why do you use their products?"

I thought that was especially amusing, given that at that exact moment
both of us were playing CSS - a game which exists only on the Windoze
platform... [Although amusingly the game *server* runs on Linux too.
Good luck configuring it...]

I'd use Linux too if I could. But it's just too difficult. And most of
the software I want to use doesn't exist for Linux. And that is why most
people end up being stuck with Windoze; it's where all the software is.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/