POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yet another Doctor John rant : Re: Yet another Doctor John rant Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another Doctor John rant
From: Invisible
Date: 31 Mar 2008 09:16:24
Message: <47f0f238$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> Hey, shouldn't your other nickname be Orchid Vista SP1 now, rather than
> Orchid XP V8 ;)
> And when did you get patched anyway?

The more observant amoung you will notice that it *was* v7 until a few
days ago.

What can I say? I tried to install a piece of software so large it comes
on 12 DVDs. It didn't fit. So I bought a new HD and reinstalled everything.

Did you ever hear "Microsoft Jinglebells"?

Nine tenths of a gig,
Biggest ever seen,
GOD this program's big,
MS Word fifteen.
Comes on TEN CDs!
And requires DANM!
Word is fine but GEES,
SIXTY MEGS OF RAM?!
Oh Microsoft, Microsoft, joker all the way,
I've sat here installing Word since breakfast yesterday!
Oh Microsoft, Microsoft, moderation PLEASE!
In case you hadn't noticed...
...FOUR GIG DRIVES DON'T GROW ON TREES!

Seems kinda quaint now, doesn't it? 60 MB of RAM? Are you kidding? The
*cache* of my new harddrive is 32 MB! But you're right about 4 GB HDs:
they're pretty rare now. Unless they're solid-state.

But even M$ hasn't [yet] produced a product that really does come on 12
DVDs...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/