POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yet another Doctor John rant : Re: Yet another Doctor John rant Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another Doctor John rant
From: Invisible
Date: 31 Mar 2008 09:11:09
Message: <47f0f0fd$1@news.povray.org>
Doctor John wrote:

> right now M$ is offering vin de
> pays at champagne prices (plus FUD tax) and the man in the street is
> buying because he's been told (by M$) that the vintage wine that my lot
> is selling is worthless because you need to be a master sommelier just
> to drink it and it can't be that good anyway since it doesn't cost as
> much as theirs.

Agreed. Annoying, isn't it?

> Finally, back to the majority point - I run and recommend Linux because
> 80% of the world's supercomputers run on it. The other 20% sure as hell
> don't use M$.

How many people use a supercomputer to read their email? ;-)

[Depending on your definition of "supercomputer". Compared to the
Commodore 64 that I started out with, the dual-core multi-GHz thing I
have at home probably *seems* like a damn supercomputer!]

The best software for running a supercomputer is *not* necessarily the
best software for running a desktop. I'm not saying Linux isn't good,
I'm saying this particular snippet of logic is flawed.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/