POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Thinking about Languages again : Re: Thinking about Languages again Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thinking about Languages again
From: Warp
Date: 29 Mar 2008 06:19:11
Message: <47ee25af@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >     IntegerOrFloat* ptr = whatever;

> That's a pointer to a struct. :-)

  A union is not a struct. The 'ptr' truely points directly to either an
integer or a float, at the exact same memory location. There's no need
to calculate memory offsets.

> You can implement private methods that only the class can call and which
> are invisible to any code not in the class defining the method, if
> that's what you mean.  You can even put it in a separate file all by itself.

  If that's so, what's this talk about C# forcing you to implement everything
inline? I thought that meant you *can't* implement any part of a class in
a separate file.

--
                                                          - Warp