POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fat lady takes the stage... : Re: The fat lady takes the stage... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The fat lady takes the stage...
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 27 Mar 2008 16:48:40
Message: <47ec1638@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote in message
news:204ou3pu4t825ufmt5df86ulg8vhnon7q7@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 23:16:28 +0200, "Gail Shaw"
> <initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote:
>
> >I had a meeting with my boss this morning and informed him that he can
> >expect a resignation letter in a couple of months.
>
> Why give him so much notice? Is it a good idea?

He's one of the best bosses I've ever worked for. I have a great deal of
respect for him and I wanted to give him lots of advance warning.
It wasn't formal notice, just a friendly chat

> >It's something I've been planning for a while and now its the right time.
> >I'll be leaving a nice cushy job at the bank and joining a consulting and
> >training company.
>
> Welcome to the high pressure world but it's more fun than a safe job
> IMO.

Yup! That's what I'm hoping....
The company I'm joining is small and all the consultants are top experts in
their fields. No straight-from-university SAP consultants here.
www.xpertease.co.za

I've known their other SQL consultant for a few years. He taught me a lot of
what I know of SQL Server. It's going to be interesting working with him.

> >It's going to be interesting, it's going to be fun.
> >I'm more than a little nervous.
> >
> Listen to your fear :)
> Seriously, good luck in your new career and I wish you all the best.
>
> What sort of consulting BTW?

Assorted SQL-Server stuff. I also hear I'll be doing some Oracle from time
to time. Guess I need to polish up the (non-existant) Oracle skills
From system design to fire-fighting crises and everything in between. My
specialty is performance tuning, so a lot in that area.
SQL-related training, both the MS official courses and self-created courses.
I'll probably also be doing some sharepoint training from time to time,
because it's very popular.

What kind of consulting do you do?