POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Logic programming : Re: Logic programming Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:30:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Logic programming
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 27 Mar 2008 10:23:02
Message: <47ebbbd6$1@news.povray.org>
>>  until I realised that
>> *everybody* writes ray tracers and nobody except me considers this to be
>> a significant achievement...
>
> Bull.

Elephant?

> (What you said, BTW, is commonly referred to as "hyperbole")

Oh. Right. I thought that was a kind of conic section?

> I don't write raytracers, and I have a lot of respect for anyone who
> manages to wrap their heads around the maths involved and has the coding
> skills to do so.

OK. Well apparently you're in the minority. It seems every time I talk
about my various ray tracer programs, all anybody can say is "yeah, but
it doesn't have feature X" or "oh, you're wasting your time, it'll never
be as fast as Y" or "I think that's a stupid way to do it, why don't you
give up now?" or...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/