POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Logic programming : Re: Logic programming Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:30:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Logic programming
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 27 Mar 2008 06:11:24
Message: <47eb80dc$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Does that mean that usually when you write software it doesn't work?

Varies by complexity.

Trivially simple things almost always work. More difficult things
sometimes work. Really hard things never work at all. (Remember that
operating system I was going to write? Yeah, that got a long way...)

Yesterday, I successfully implemented something that certainly looks
pretty complicated, and I'm impressed that it works. But then, I was
impressed when I wrote my first ray tracer - until I realised that
*everybody* writes ray tracers and nobody except me considers this to be
a significant achievement... :-(

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/