POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Thinking about Languages again : Re: Thinking about Languages again Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thinking about Languages again
From: Paul Fuller
Date: 27 Mar 2008 05:25:58
Message: <47eb7636$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> Paul Fuller wrote:
>
>> Call me a C# / .Net fanboy but don't call me one for Microsoft.  I
>> reckon they should put the C# guys starting with Anders Hejlsberg in
>> charge of the next OS they do.
>
> "The next OS they do"?
>
> Heh. You're a funny guy...

Well there will be a next Microsoft OS.  I just wish it would be lean
and clean which is the opposite of Vista.

> I must admit, I did take a brief look at various .Net languages. But
> that's the biggest drawback of Haskell: It makes you hate normal languages!

I haven't looked at Haskell much.  The obscure little fragments that you
post and expound upon are enough to warn me away :)

Lambda expressions which are new to C# look similarly obtuse.  Maybe
I'll see the light one day.