POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wow, 700+ unread messages : Re: Wow, 700+ unread messages Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wow, 700+ unread messages
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 26 Mar 2008 15:06:19
Message: <47eaacbb$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:47:05 +0000, Orchid XP v7 wrote:

> Gail Shaw wrote:
>
>> I went into work yesterday after a 4 day weekend to find 575 mails in
>> my inbox, about 1780 status emails from various servers and about 300
>> emails reporting severe errors.
>>
>> It's about average these days
>
> I used to get status emails from the RAID controller on our DB server
> (??!) when the server rebooted.
>
> These days, it's our document management system. If you're supposed to
> be reviewing a document, it likes to spam you daily.
>
> Even better, if you exceed your mailbox limit, the Exchange server spams
> you hourly. (??!?!)

I manage a Mailman list at work (one of several moderators for the list)
- I get subscribe/unsubscribe notices by the bucketload every day.  I've
got a rule for the unsub messages (because I don't care when someone
leaves the list).

And people wonder why I don't like Exchange (yes, I know it's
configurable). ;-)

Jim