POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wow, 700+ unread messages : Re: Wow, 700+ unread messages Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:26:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wow, 700+ unread messages
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 26 Mar 2008 14:46:51
Message: <47eaa82b@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> I went into work yesterday after a 4 day weekend to find 575 mails in my
> inbox, about 1780 status emails from various servers and about 300 emails
> reporting severe errors.
>
> It's about average these days

I used to get status emails from the RAID controller on our DB server
(??!) when the server rebooted.

These days, it's our document management system. If you're supposed to
be reviewing a document, it likes to spam you daily.

Even better, if you exceed your mailbox limit, the Exchange server spams
you hourly. (??!?!)

Seriously, hourly. I told the admin I thought that's a little OTT, so he
made it spam you ever 4 hours instead. WTF?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/