POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : crackle flagstone floor question : Re: crackle flagstone floor question Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: crackle flagstone floor question
From: William Tracy
Date: 23 Mar 2008 16:03:07
Message: <47e6c58b$1@news.povray.org>
Charles C wrote:
> After actually trying it though, on this particular machine it's taking
> longer to re-generate it than it is to load an image so I may end up
> sticking to images.

I did some experiments a while back with patterns that were around one
gigabyte when written as a TGA. At that point, doing everything in
memory was significantly faster. ;-)

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

"Once again, the world is saved by the inscrutible machinations of
contract law."
     -- Ubersoft.net