POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : crackle flagstone floor question : Re: crackle flagstone floor question Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:08:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: crackle flagstone floor question
From: Tek
Date: 22 Mar 2008 15:22:35
Message: <47e56a8b@news.povray.org>
"Charles C" <"nospam a nospam.com"> wrote in message

> I forgot to mention the crackle is topped with wrinkles to try to keep the
> stone tops a little less flat.  Do they show up enough or could it use
> more?  A different scale perhaps on the wrinkles?
> Charles

Looks good to me! I think the wrinkle looks just right, nice and subtle. I
think the edges look a bit odd, I'd expect them to be more vertical in
places (obviously awkward in a height_field).

Anyway like some others have said: you want to use crackle solid. Try
something like this:

#declare f_flagstones =
    function {
        pigment {
            pigment_pattern { crackle colour_map { [.05 rgb 0][.1 rgb 1] } }
            cubic_wave //smooth off the edges a bit
            turbulence .3
            scale .1
            pigment_map {
                [0 rgb 0]
                [1
                    average
                    pigment_map {
                        [1 crackle solid]
                        [.1 wrinkles]
                    }
                ]
            }
        }
    }

height_field {
    function 2048,2048 { f_flagstones(x,0,y).x }
}

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com