POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Prison and Paradigm : Re: Prison and Paradigm Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:07:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prison and Paradigm
From: Alain
Date: 22 Mar 2008 10:37:35
Message: <47e527bf$1@news.povray.org>
Kirk Andrews nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/03/22 10:29:
> "Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote:
>> I really like this image (and the previous) but it looks very aliased (and
>> the area light looks very grainy). Are you using anti-aliasing?
>>
>>  - Slime
>>  [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
>
> I am, but the high contrast messes it up, unfortunately.  Maybe someone can
> recommend better area light settings.  I've tried up to 5x5 with adaptive 1 and
> it still comes out grainy. Of course, the wall has some texture, which is
> probably part of it as well.

A 5*5 area_light is very sparse. Try 17*17, 33*33 or even 65*65. It will be
almost as fast, only the penumbrea will take a little more time thanks to adaptive.
Whenever you use adaptive, increasing the density of the area_light usualy only
have a small effect on the render time.

--
Alain
  "Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a peeing area in a pool."