POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : crackle flagstone floor question : Re: crackle flagstone floor question Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: crackle flagstone floor question
From: William Tracy
Date: 21 Mar 2008 19:10:07
Message: <47e44e5f$1@news.povray.org>
William Tracy wrote:
> Wow, I like that.

I concur.

Something that I only learned after a lot of fiddling: Povray can build
heightfields from textures generated procedurally in-memory. I can
actually save parse time that way if the texture is detailed (large
images take a while to load from disk).

Something like so:

height_field {
     function 400, 400 { fn_pattern(x, y, 0)}
}

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

    When you expect to live another two hundred years, you behave
differently from when you expect to live only twenty.
     -- Kim Stanley Robinson, _Red Mars_