POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunflower : Re: Sunflower Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:08:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunflower
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 18 Mar 2008 03:54:10
Message: <47df8332@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:47df7ff7$1@news.povray.org...

> "Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
>> Try to ignore the ground..  ;-S
>> Progress is slow. I need to find a better way to show the veins on the
>> leaves.
>
>    It's not tall enough! ;) That's looking very good.

Thanks :)

>How have you modelled the leaves?

I first drew the edge of the leaf in CorelDraw in bezier curves. I then
looked at the mouse coordinates when I hovered over each node and used those
coordinates for the bezier patch.

I used quilted textures within scaled quilted textures for the veins and
applied shear-trans to each smaller one to try and get a branch effect, but
that doesn't seem to work.

Posted the source to p.b.s-f

--
-Nekar Xenos-