POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : any ideas what these black patches are.. : Re: any ideas what these black patches are.. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: any ideas what these black patches are..
From: Alain
Date: 17 Mar 2008 17:44:47
Message: <47def45f$1@news.povray.org>
s.day nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/03/17 09:36:

> http://www.imagico.de/pov/radiosity01.html
>
> He states 10 is the highest, obviously only one of these is correct and maybe
> setting this too high is the cause.
>
> I will do some tests to find out but am pretty sure I have used nearest_count=20
> before without problems..
>
> Sean

In early MegaPOV radiosity implementations, nearest_count was limited to 10. The
tutorial was originaly writen for those early specifications. It was edited for
the POV-Ray radiosity in version 3.5, then updated for 3.6. Some details got
forgotten.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you think it's a failing of the