POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : any ideas what these black patches are.. : Re: any ideas what these black patches are.. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: any ideas what these black patches are..
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 Mar 2008 10:27:45
Message: <47de8df1@news.povray.org>
"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> schreef in bericht

> I will do some tests to find out but am pretty sure I have used
> nearest_count=20
> before without problems..

Sean,
20 should work fine, according to the docs. However, it certainly might up
render time. I am not sure about that 10 on Christoph's site. Might be a
typo, but it might also be a maximum Christoph considers as reasonable and
within render time tolerance.
I am certainly curious to see the outcome of your experiments.

Thomas