POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : any ideas what these black patches are.. : Re: any ideas what these black patches are.. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:17:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: any ideas what these black patches are..
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Mar 2008 03:11:06
Message: <47db849a$1@news.povray.org>
"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> schreef in bericht

> I have had similar issues to you but find rendering at 50% of the final
> width/height to usually be acceptable (although comparissons may show that
> rendering with 50% the radiosity quality at the correct resolution will be
> just
> as good..).
I think that you can try less than 50% and get good results. The only thing
probably is that some more radiosity has to be calculated in the second
pass, but that might be compensated somewhat by a higher trace resolution in
the first..

> I do not really understand the radiosity settings very well I have a rough
> idea
> of how most of them work but tend to resort to trial and error more than
> educated guessing..

Yes, I understand what you mean. I am slowly getting understanding of it,
but experimentation remains dominant.

Thomas