POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : any ideas what these black patches are.. : Re: any ideas what these black patches are.. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:28:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: any ideas what these black patches are..
From: nemesis
Date: 14 Mar 2008 13:57:31
Message: <47daca9b$1@news.povray.org>
s.day wrote:
> For the 1600x1200 render I gathered radiosity stats at 800x600.
>
> I was planning to do the final render at 5250x3500 and gather radiosity stats at
> 2625x1750.

Care to post your radiosity step 2 (after gathering) setting?  I
personally never get quite the results I want if I render both steps at
different resolutions and my step 2 settings work best like these:

   load_file "tmp.rad"
   minimum_reuse 0
   count 1
   error_bound EB+.1
   low_error_factor 1
   recursion_limit 1
   pretrace_start 1
   pretrace_end 1
   nearest_count 1

EB is error_bound from step 1.  It goes slightly smoother like this.