POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : butterfly tunnel : Re: butterfly tunnel Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:10:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: butterfly tunnel
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 14 Mar 2008 06:52:27
Message: <47da66fb@news.povray.org>
"Russell Towle" <rto### [at] inreachcom> wrote in message
>A single butterfly follows a spline curve through a marble tunnel.
>
> If there had been three of these following one another, I would have had
> to bump
> max_trace_level up to 8.

I like the butterfly. I'm working on a scene with a wind chime and thought a
bird or butterfly on the fence post might add a nice touch to my scene. How
did you make the butterfly? I downloaded a couple butterfly pictures to use
a an image plane in Wings but haven't gotten a good start with that yet, so
any deatails about you model/method would be appreciated.

Nice job!

Jim