POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : any ideas what these black patches are.. : Re: any ideas what these black patches are.. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: any ideas what these black patches are..
From: stbenge
Date: 13 Mar 2008 19:41:51
Message: <47d9c9cf@news.povray.org>
Hello,

These look the same radiosity artifacts I get with POV 3.7b. It's a bug
with the current (beta quality) radiosity calculation.

To get rid of them I just lower the count until they disappear. Of
course, this will reduce the overall quality, but you can compensate by
introducing a slight normal to the surfaces and keeping a low
error_bound. I hope this helps.

Sam