POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Labelling Macro : Re: Labelling Macro Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Labelling Macro
From: Alain
Date: 6 Mar 2008 11:55:53
Message: <47d02219$1@news.povray.org>
Chris B nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/03/06 05:33:
> "Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote in message
>> "Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message
>>>  Still looks grainy.
>> The last image I posted used 8 BlurSamples. This one uses 40 and still
>> looks a little grainy, as well as increasing the render time from 3
>> minutes with the original surface to 2hours 23 minutes.
>>

> I've uploaded the Labeller macros onto the POV-Ray object collection. I used
> an image generated with 50 BlurSamples for the main image in the end which
> took a lot longer to render and still looks grainier than the Rubiks Revenge
> image.
>
> See:  http://lib.povray.org/collection/labeller/chrisb%201.0/labeller.html
>
> Regards,
> Chris B.

Are you using the micronormals bluring? Try the large normals method:
You use normal with a large scale, like scale 1000, and move randomly by large
amounts: translate<rand(R),rand(R),rand(R)>*1000

--
Alain
Grabel's Law: 2 is not equal to 3 -- not even for large values of 2.