POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brute force rendering : Re: Brute force rendering Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brute force rendering
From: William Tracy
Date: 5 Mar 2008 18:55:15
Message: <47cf32e3$1@news.povray.org>
Severi Salminen wrote:
> Hmm. What kind of "interesting ideas" you mean? Do you have any links to
> sample images?

Here's the thread that gave me the idea:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.4360929f30852916731f01d10@news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=10

Currently, there's a cap on how big things can be in Povray. More
importantly, there's a limit on putting big things and little things in
the same scene.

With high-precision geometry, you are free to model entire solar systems
to scale. With arbitrary-precision geometry, you could model entire
galaxies to scale! :-D

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

Now we know everything there is to know about ML, except how to program!
     -- Jeffrey D. Ullman, _Elements of ML Programming_