POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brute force rendering : Re: Brute force rendering Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brute force rendering
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 5 Mar 2008 16:58:29
Message: <47cf1785$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

>> and this:
>> http://www.winosi.onlinehome.de/Gallery_t15.htm
>
> But in terms of impressiveness, Gallery_t15.htm sure wins :)

True. But in the world of brute force renderers that is not _that_
impressive - quite impressive still. As all sources of light rays are
equal it is no wonder that we see regularly diffuse caustics and other
similar indirect effects. Light is always considered light - no matter
where it came from. This is the basis of all those very realistic images.

The same way I remember the time when 3dMax didn't know how to render
refraction or similar "simple" effects and POV-Ray could do it. After
using POV for quite some time it doesn't feel _that_ impressive :)

Ok, I admit it: it is quite impressive.