POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brute force rendering : Re: Brute force rendering Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brute force rendering
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 5 Mar 2008 14:14:10
Message: <47cef102@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>> Do you know how it compares to Mersenne Twister speed-wise?
>
>   Unfortunately I don't. However, I believe this RNG to be very fast,
> especially taking into account the high quality of the results.

Thanks for the code! Quick test shows that the two RNGs perform almost
identically. So I don't think I have a strong need to change the RNG.
Also the SFMT looks very promising:

http://www.math.sci.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/~m-mat/MT/SFMT/index.html

It should be a lot faster than basic MT which I'm using. But most likely
the random number generation is not a bottleneck anymore.