POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brute force rendering : Re: Brute force rendering Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brute force rendering
From: Charles C
Date: 5 Mar 2008 14:12:54
Message: <47cef0b6@news.povray.org>
sooperFoX wrote:

> Now I will try your scene again Severi with just Path Tracing (no MLT). I
> already tried it using BiPT overnight (8 hours) and still there was a noisy
> black area in the middle of the green glass boxes that was taking a long time
> to go away (where they overlap the most).

Naive question here, but do any of the existing unbiased renderers out
there have any method that either a) kicks in at a certain point to try
to detect noise and send a disproportionate number of rays into noisier
parts of the image, or b) takes optional user input (even mid-render)
and doing likewise?
Charles