POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brute force rendering : Re: Brute force rendering Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:14:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brute force rendering
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 3 Mar 2008 15:29:28
Message: <47cc5fa8$1@news.povray.org>
William Tracy wrote:

> Oh, cool.

Thanks, I think it's cool too!

> Are you going to make the program available (e.g., Sourceforge) at some
> point?

I don't know. At this point, no. It is still too immature and lacks some
important features for any kind of release. And there are a lot better
open source brute force renderers available, like Luxrender, or PBRT.

My goal is to learn (good) C++ programming, to learn how (brute force)
ray tracing works and to implement it from scratch. If I have a fully
working program at some point I might even release it under GPL.