POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brute force rendering : Re: Brute force rendering Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:16:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brute force rendering
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 3 Mar 2008 13:46:21
Message: <47cc477d@news.povray.org>
Here is a new render. Now with boxes and properly working total internal
reflection (you can see the windows through green glass, for example).
Everything looks pretty good to me: shadows, highlights, caustics etc.
The "windows" are actually only light emitting boxes. I also stopped
using the infamous C rand() and implemented Mersenne Twister RNG. It is
a lot faster (some 20-30% faster rendering) - and there is even faster
variation available.

Next:

1. Wait till "the Bible" arrives in mail. "Physically based rendering",
by Matt Pharr and Greg Humphreys.
2. Implement basic transformations.
3. Improve box intersections stuff.
4. Some kind of bounding box hierarchy acceleration system is needed.
5.- 1000004. Million other things.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'kuva11.jpg' (111 KB)