POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7 beta Unix/Linux source code now available. : Re: 3.7 beta Unix/Linux source code now available. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:27:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.7 beta Unix/Linux source code now available.
From: Lukas Winter
Date: 1 Mar 2008 08:53:41
Message: <47c95fe5$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,
it is great to have the code, I enjoy playing around with it ;)
With my self-compiled pov-ray beta I keep getting errors like "Xlib:
unexpected async reply (sequence 0x68)!". I suspect the reason is that
POV calls SDL functions from different threads or from signal handlers.
SDL's graphics functions are not thread-safe. I do not have this problem
when I switch the display off.
I have not tried the official binary.
Regards,
Lukas