POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface puzzle : Re: Isosurface puzzle Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:10:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface puzzle
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Feb 2008 08:09:19
Message: <47c6b27f$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> schreef in bericht

> "Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> schreef in
> bericht news:47c6a742$1@news.povray.org...
>>
>> Just a minor hint: It would be much easier to debug the basic shape if
>> you remove any kind of noise or turbulence.

Without the noise, the isosurface renders correctly...

However, when you add    + f_rough(x, y, z)    to the isosurface function,
the problem appears again. For reasons I do not understand, the noise
appears not to influence the inside of the flutes, except for the top
hemisphere. I tried to put flute and top hemisphere inside a min() function
(union equivalent) but that makes not any difference.

Thomas