POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Cross-compilation possible? : Re: Cross-compilation possible? Server Time
3 May 2024 13:08:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cross-compilation possible?
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 27 Feb 2008 19:51:46
Message: <47c605a2@news.povray.org>

>> I got *much* closer to success. All of POV-Ray, zlib, png, jpeg, fully
>> configured and compiled. Using a precompiled libtiff. On the very last
>> linking step:
>>
>> ld: Undefined symbols:
>> setjmp(int*)
>> longjmp(int*, int)
>> ___eprintf
>
> Even closer! It was trying to link to C++ versions of setjmp and longjmp
> (note there is an argument list and there is no leading underscore). I
> had to add extern "C" in a few places. Now it's only complaining about
> ___eprintf.

Good news: complete success! I now have a POV-Ray binary that should run
on the iPhone or iPod touch.

Bad news: in my attempt to jailbreak my iPod touch to try my
compilation, I think I bricked it. Gah!

(when replying to this message, please post only to .programming if
replying the good news, and only to .off-topic if replying the bad news)