POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Cross-compilation possible? : Re: Cross-compilation possible? Server Time
3 May 2024 22:52:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cross-compilation possible?
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 27 Feb 2008 16:23:55
Message: <47c5d4eb@news.povray.org>
I couldn't figure out how to even start compiling the boost stuff. And
somebody who built it for the same platform I'm trying told me it was a
big pain to get it working. So I'll go back to trying with 3.6.1.

>> libtiff.org says latest version is 3.6.1...
>
>     You have to dig into it a bit more.  Most Linux distro come with 3.8.2
> which was released at least a year or two ago.

I found it. It uses autoconf, yay! Configure went perfectly in first
try, but make failed at this point:

http://www.pastebin.ca/921153

Apparently somebody has a precompiled libtiff I could use...

--
Nicolas

PS: yes, I realize that paste somewhat gives away the platform I'm
targeting.