POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brute force rendering : Re: Brute force rendering Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brute force rendering
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 26 Feb 2008 01:45:10
Message: <47c3b576$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Speaking of which, does it handle total internal reflection properly?

Yeah, I think it does. But I don't have proper objects to test it
properly so I'm not 100% sure yet. I tried to place camera inside a
glass sphere and I did saw internal reflection (basically you see a
circular "window" and the outside is dark).

>   (OTOH, that would also be something which should be specified with a
> physically accurate BRDF instead of being hard-coded into the renderer...)

I have no idea how to represent an arbitary BRDF or BSDF. But you get
quite far even with traditional refraction/specular/diffuse models.