POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 : Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 24 Feb 2008 08:38:17
Message: <47c17349@news.povray.org>
> Next I restructure the code to allow easy addition of different kinds of
> objects. Still stuck at spheres. Also refractions are in the list.

And here are the planes, finally! Had to learn to do abstract classes in
C++. Now I can easily add different kinds of objects and I have to only
specify a few functions specific to that new object type. The basic
rendering code don't need to know anything about the object. Late
binding takes care of the dirty details of calling the correct method.
It introduces a bit of overhead but the code remains very simple. I
consider that an advantage.

This image is the same as before but now inside a room made of 6 planes.
Because of enclosed space the rays keep on bouncing and bouncing. So it
takes time for the noise to go away.

I also modified my anti-aliasing method. I used to divide the pixel into
equal subpixels, trace them, and average the results. No need to do it
anymore. I just shoot a random ray anywhere through the pixel being
rendered. As the final image still goes through hundreds/thousands of
passes you get pretty much perfect AA. (The attached image is still made
with the old method, though...)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'kuva7.jpg' (34 KB)