POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Looks painful (23kbbu) : Re: Looks painful (23kbbu) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looks painful (23kbbu)
From: Chris B
Date: 23 Feb 2008 18:24:10
Message: <47c0ab1a@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote in message

> Hi John,
> I had a similar problem some years ago with a macro that effectively
> tracked through from one triangle to the next, making sure the normals for
> one lined up with the normals from one it had already 'corrected'.  The
> macro had problems when it encountered spurious 'invisible' triangles that
> had gotten twisted and attached to the backs of other triangles.

Oh and, just in case your problem is similar, I really should have mentioned
the way I fixed it ...

In my macro I added a check to detect where any more than two triangles
shared an edge, then added a cylinder object to highlight that edge, so
that, when I rendered in POV-Ray I could see where the problem in the mesh
was and I could go back into the modeller to fix it.

Chris B.