POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Looks painful (23kbbu) : Looks painful (23kbbu) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Looks painful (23kbbu)
From: John VanSickle
Date: 23 Feb 2008 17:16:39
Message: <47c09b47@news.povray.org>
Q:  Why are some of them sticking out and others are sticking in?
A:  That's what I'd like to know.

This is a head mesh, not terribly well-modeled I admit, subdivided three
times, with the normals of the original faces represented by cones
pointing in the normal direction.  The normals for the final mesh are
not smoothed.

As you can see, the normals are not consistent, in spite of a macro that
is supposed to be making them consistent, and which I thought was fixed
when I announced a bug fix early this AM.

The lighting, by the way, is a bunch of jittered area lights.  I've been
testing out ideas.

Debugging in progress...

Regards,
John