POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Translucency (echo) : Re: Translucency (echo) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Translucency (echo)
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 21 Feb 2008 14:38:18
Message: <47bdd32a$1@news.povray.org>
Blue Herring wrote:

> I like it =)  One thing I'm wondering, did you disable the ambient lighting

Yes, I did that. Putting it before include files is a useful
hint, but not for this scene, which only uses plain color
pigments. I suppose there is simply enough light to
prevent really dark shadows.

> You might want to check out this page, it has a tutorial on what all the
> radiosity settings do: http://www.imagico.de/pov/radiosity.html

Yes, I've seen it, it is included in the POV documentation (2.3.7).
Actually it might have helped me to stay clear of radiosity, seeing
all this parameter tweaking there ;)