POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ruined Place - WIP 4 : Ruined Place - WIP 4 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:15:00 EDT (-0400)
  Ruined Place - WIP 4
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Feb 2008 05:01:56
Message: <47bd4c14@news.povray.org>
Progressing onwards I guess...

The stone texture is now a complex layering of Jim Charter's StainedStones
macro, Meothuru's corrosion texture, and my own lichen texture. Forget - for
the time being - the need for better radiosity settings and a finer aa. All
in due time. I show here the png version to minimize compression artifacts.
Sorry for the larger file.

I added a height_field with a sand ripple texture. The bad thing is that the
sand does not react whatsoever with obstacles like the columns. That is
simply not good enough although the idea itself is sound. So, I shall have
to think about a way to simulate that...

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'IonianTempleRuins_2_06.png' (515 KB)

Preview of image 'IonianTempleRuins_2_06.png'
IonianTempleRuins_2_06.png