POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : They just stare right back (i.e. CG eyes) : Re: They just stare right back (i.e. CG eyes) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: They just stare right back (i.e. CG eyes)
From: Alain
Date: 19 Feb 2008 14:17:32
Message: <47bb2b4c$1@news.povray.org>
Nimish Ajmani nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/02/18 22:08:
> Well, the goal is to begin a long project of become a human animator.  And,
> seeing as how the eye is one of the most important, and admittingly the most
> simple part to program, I thought I'd make a pair of eyes.  This is a result of
> a hour's studying, close examination of my own eye, and some simple modeling.  I
> put two next to each other to give the idea of actually seeing something.
>
> The brown "eyelids" are only present to show the blinking motion.  They will be
> replaced later with a CG model of a human face.  The actual eye is the most
> important part here.  Suggestions on improvement, or just comments, are greatly
> appreciated.
>
> I used a trignometric function to make the eyes stare at a specific point, in
> this case, the camera.

The iris look like they are ON the cornea, not behind it. They also have a
radial pattern and some irregularities. It's the most critical part in having
convincing eyes. Also, the surface of the eye have a transparent layer covering it.

--
Alain
A lack of leadership is no substitute for inaction.